Terms of Service
Effective January 1, 2014
DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICE
Pressboard Service. The Pressboard Service provides Traffic Data (as defined in Section 2) for your website. If you wish to register for the Pressboard Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must provide certain limited information about yourself as prompted to do so by the Service. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Pressboard Service to any user. For registration for the Pressboard Service, Pressboard requires an e-mail address and password. If you register for the Pressboard Service, either you or Pressboard may terminate this Agreement upon written notice thereof at any time for any reason or no reason.
Pressboard Analytics Service. The Pressboard Analytics Service includes the basic Pressboard Service along with other premium features, including real-time Traffic Data for all pages of your major media website. Pressboard Analytics Service rates vary depending on the needs of your organization. To learn more about the Pressboard Analytics Service, please contact us at email@example.com. In the event you wish to purchase the Pressboard Analytics Service, no binding agreement regarding the Pressboard Analytics Service will exist between you and Pressboard unless and until you and Pressboard execute a Work Order or other agreement governing the provision of the Pressboard Analytics Service (“Work Order”). In the event of any conflict between these Terms of Service and the applicable Work Order or other agreement, the terms of the Work Order or other agreement shall govern.
Pressboard Marketplace. The Pressboard Marketplace Service enables publishers to monetize their content.
Pressboard for Ad Sales. The Pressboard for Ad Sales Service brings the benefits of the Pressboard Marketplace to internal sales organizations. If you wish to register for Pressboard for Ad Sales, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to provide the information listed under the Pressboard Service description above and you and Pressboard will execute a Work Order.
You shall own all rights in and to all Traffic Data, subject to the rights and licenses granted herein. “Traffic Data” means all data and information created, received, processed or provided by Pressboard in performing the Service, or that results from performance of the Service for you. You hereby grant Pressboard all necessary rights to access and track Traffic Data concerning your website, solely in connection with providing the Service during the term of this Agreement.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Pressboard grants to you (and you agree to comply with) a non-sublicensable, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use: (i) the Software and (ii) certain proprietary documentation in the form generally made available by Pressboard to you on the Site for use with the Software (the “Documentation”) solely to receive the Pressboard Service.
You agree to:
- Use the Service for lawful purposes only and in compliance with any policies posted to the Site or conveyed by electronic notice;
- Not use the Service in a way that prevents or inhibits another user from enjoying the Service;
- Not obtain the communications protocol for accessing the Service;
- Not remove, obscure or alter any notices or indications of any Intellectual Property Rights, any trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, trade dress, and any other distinctive or proprietary symbols, labels, designs or designations (“Branding”), or any electronic notices;
- Not interfere with, attempt to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security, or decipher any transmissions to or from the Service servers;
- Not to take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Not to challenge or assist others to challenge Branding, Intellectual Property Rights or registration or applications thereof; and
FEES AND PAYMENT
Except with regard to basic Pressboard Service, Pressboard bills its customers in advance on a monthly basis. Service fees are exclusive of all banking fees and all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you are responsible for payment of all such fees, taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only income (federal, provincial or state) taxes imposed on Pressboard. In the event you are required to withhold any portion of service fees due to payments to banks or taxing authorities, (i) you agree to do so and to indemnify Pressboard for any liability resulting from your failure to make such withholdings, and (ii) Pressboard reserves the right to adjust the pricing of the Service so that you are responsible for payment to Pressboard of the full amount for the Service, net of any such withholdings. When required by law, you will be responsible for all applicable sales, use, transfer, excise, value-added or similar taxes, and your payment obligation to Pressboard hereunder shall include the amount of such tax.
Payment for Services. If you register for the Pressboard Analytics, Marketplace or Ad Sales Service, you will be charged according to the terms of your Work Order.
PRESSBOARD MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED BY PRESSBOARD AND ITS LICENSORS “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY HARM CAUSED BY VIRUSES, WORKS, OR OTHER DAMAGING MATERIALS. IN NO EVENT DOES PRESSBOARD GUARANTEE ANY RESULTS, INCREASED TRAFFIC OR USER ENGAGEMENT FOR YOU. PRESSBOARD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, ARE ACCURATE, ERROR OR BUG FREE, THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE’S OPERATION WILL NOT NEGATIVELY AFFECT OTHER SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE. THIS SECTION 5 APPLIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE SERVICE IS OFFERED BY PRESSBOARD FROM ITS FACILITIES IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. PRESSBOARD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE SERVICE IS APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN OTHER COUNTRIES. THOSE WHO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE FROM OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED LAWS RELATED TO THE COLLECTION OF DATA FROM YOUR WEBSITE’S END USERS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL PRESSBOARD AND/OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE (i) FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM YOUR USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOST DATA, LOST PROFITS, OR COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, ADVERTISEMENTS, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OUR SERVERS, SERVER UNAVAILABILITY, AND ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, HOWEVER CAUSED UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED, TO CONTRACT OR TORT AND WHETHER OR NOT PRESSBOARD WAS OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OR ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE; OR (ii) FOR ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SERVICE OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OF THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PRESSBOARD’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE TOTAL SUM OF MONIES PAID FROM YOU TO US AS CONSIDERATION FOR USE OF THE SERVICE DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
YOU HEREBY AGREE, AT YOUR EXPENSE, TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS PRESSBOARD, ITS LICENSORS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ALL DEMANDS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, CLAIMS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES, ARISING OUT OF (i) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, (ii) THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR ALLEGATIONS OF INFRINGEMENT BASED ON INFORMATION, DATA OR CONTENT YOU SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, (iii) ANY FRAUD OR MANIPULATION, OR OTHER BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, BY YOU, OR (iv) THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR ALLEGATIONS BROUGHT AGAINST US ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE SITE. PRESSBOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS OWN EXPENSE AND IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO ASSUME THE EXCLUSIVE DEFENSE AND CONTROL OF ANY MATTER OTHERWISE SUBJECT TO INDEMNIFICATION BY YOU.
TERM AND TERMINATION
Unless otherwise specified in an applicable Work Order, the term of the license granted herein for the Service shall commence upon the earlier of (i) your implementation or (ii) your agreement to these Terms of Service, and may be terminated as set forth herein. Upon termination of this Agreement, all licenses, and any other rights and services provided by Pressboard to you in this Agreement, shall cease immediately. We also may permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend, or otherwise refuse to permit your use of the Service upon reasonable prior notice without incurring liability as a result thereof, if in our sole determination, you violate, or are reasonably likely to violate, this Agreement, including without limitation, by your nonpayment of fees. Termination of this Agreement, any license granted hereunder, or your access to the Site, shall not limit us from pursuing other remedies available to us, including but not limited to injunctive relief.
Termination of Pressboard Service. If you are a Pressboard Service customer, you or we may terminate this Agreement at any time, in whole or in part, for any reason, provided that if you terminate, you shall be obligated to pay any fees accrued prior to the date of termination. You may terminate this Agreement by e-mailing Pressboard at email@example.com. You must remove all Pressboard scripts and materials from your website(s) within ninety (90) days after termination.
Termination of Pressboard Analytics, Marketplace and Ad Sales Services. If you are a Pressboard Analytics, Marketplace and/or Ad Sales Service customer, you or Pressboard may terminate this Agreement (i) if the other party materially breaches this Agreement and fails to cure such breach within thirty (30) days after receiving written notice of such breach from the non-breaching party or (ii) as otherwise set forth in your Work Order, provided that you shall remain obligated to pay any fees accrued prior to the date of termination. To terminate this Agreement in accordance with this section, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You must remove all Pressboard scripts and materials from your website within ninety (90) days after termination.
- Headings. Headings are for organizational purposes only and shall in no way affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
- Assignment. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your rights or delegate your obligations under this Agreement, in whole or in part, and any attempted assignment by you shall be null and void.
- Third Party Service Providers. Pressboard may provide the Service directly or indirectly using contractors or other third party vendors or service providers. Pressboard will not be responsible or liable for any failure in the Service or any damages resulting from or attributable to failures of networks, telecommunications or equipment or other failures of third party suppliers or vendors.
- Publicity.You hereby consent to inclusion of your name and trademarks or service marks in customer lists that may be published as part of Pressboard’s marketing and promotional efforts.
- Survival. Upon any expiration or termination of this Agreement, the following Sections of this Agreement shall survive: the first two paragraphs of Section 2, and Sections 3 through 9.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal Canadian laws applicable therein, excluding its choice of law provisions, and the parties agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable between the parties.
- No waiver. Failure of either party to act in the event of a breach of this Agreement by the other shall not be deemed a waiver of such breach or a waiver of future breaches.
- Notices. Any notice given under this Agreement shall be in writing and in the English language and shall be emailed, if to Pressboard – email@example.com, or if to you, to the email or physical address associated with your account. You hereby consent to receiving any notices relevant to the Services or this Agreement by e-mail without requiring a handwritten signature for such notice to be effective.
- Force Majeure. Neither party shall be liable for failing or delaying performance of its obligations (except for the payment of money) resulting from any condition beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, governmental action, acts of terrorism, natural disasters, earthquake, fire, flood or other acts of God, labor conditions, power failures, and Internet disturbances.